26 November, 2008

Torstein's World is back on its feet...

Although 'torsteinsworld' has been very silent for a long time, I can assure you that Torstein's real world has been far from quiet. Since I last 'blogged', I have been back in Norway for a few weeks, I have walked the streets of Hong Kong, Katrine has moved 'down under', we have traveled a bit of Oz, and I have gone through some extremely intense and demanding months of essay writing and exams. However, it's all done now and I finally have my Master of International Affairs!

Over the next few posts I will show you some of what have been going on for the last six months, and I will start with some good memories from the few weeks of Norwegian summer. I hope these pictures will bring some warmth to those of you who are freezing in the cold Norwegian winter... If you want to see more photos, there will be links to photo albums at the end of each post.

BBQ and 'Per i solnedgang'. Always good times at Tore's summer cabin in Gamle Hellsund.


Traditional houses in southern Norway and a perfectly performed swallow dive...

After some nice and relaxing days in Oslo, Skien and Kristiansand it was time for a road trip through the mountains and up to the west coast, or more precisely, Bergen and Øygarden. We drove via Hemsedal and Lærdal, making it a long but extraordinarily scenic detour.



Crossing Hemsedalsfjellet

Aurlandsfjorden; Katrine and I; the view from Stalheimskleiva, near Voss.



In Øygarden we stayed at our modest summer cabin with the whole family. The first picture is the view from our summer cabin; the North Sea as far as you can see. (2) Katrine and I in Bergen.

I guess these pictures disprove the myth that it always rains in (and around) Bergen....

And finally, a traditional family photo...


Check out these photo albums (album 1; album 2) for more pictures of the Norwegian summer 2008.

No comments: