27 November, 2008

Magnificent Hong Kong


After spending five magic summer weeks in Norway with my fiancé, my family and friends, it was time to work my way back to the southern hemisphere again. But instead of going straight back to Australia I put in a three day stop-over in Hong Kong. Here are a few photos from a very busy and crowded, but interesting and awesome city.


Hong Kong is an amazing city with an impressive skyline.

Every night you can go down to the Victoria Harbour and witness the spectacular multimedia display ' A Symphony of Lights'. It is described as the 'world's largest permanent light and sound show by Guinness World Records, and it includes 44 buildings on both sides of Victoria Harbour. (It obviously looks more impressive in real life than on this photo...).

I also visited the 'Big Buddha' on Lantau Island. It is the world's tallest outdoor seated bronze Buddha... You can either walk, take a tourist bus or jump on the cable car. I'm very glad I didn't decide to walk.



After three hectic days of being constantly blinded by neon lights and designer shops, sweating like crazy and being laughed at by Chinese teenagers for my unconventional use of chop sticks, it was time to leave. Although surrounded by millions of people all the time, it did feel a bit lonesome to be there on my own. However, I can warmly recommend all of you to put in a few days in Hong Kong if you ever have the chance. Katrine and I are going back for a three days in the end of February. Come join us;)

Check out this
photo album for more pictures of my Hong Kong experience.

No comments: